Thursday 15 September 2011

Fashion Photography

I have chosen Fashion Photography from the 50's and 60's for my topic in A2 photography. I have chosen this topic as I am very interested in Fashion and I think Fashion Photography from the 50's and 60's is amazing, and it shows a creativity that we don't see that much any more in Photography. I think it has a great way of using make-up and clothing from the 50's and 60's to really get across what generation and year it is. 
My initial idea for my A2 photography was to use shadows to create an effect on the models face that is original and very interesting. Using different materials for example 'chicken wire' 'lace table cloths' etc against either the sun or a light would create an effect of patterns on the models face. After trying this idea I decided it would not work as the sunlight in England is limited, and getting the same effect off a light was impossible. After searching the world of Fashion photography I chose photography from the 50's and 60's was very interesting and looked amazing, therefore I wanted to try and create the same effect but in the modern day. I did my Personal Study and found this looked amazing and worked really well. Therefore I am going to do Fashion Photography from the 50's and 60's.

No comments:

Post a Comment